| Photo and
Other Details - ©Nicky Davis
Extraction location and date
Pupa #4 was extracted on March 3, 2007, at an elevation of 3035 feet from Warner Valley, Washington County, Utah. N 37.01.675, W 113.26.28
Emerging from pupa
Butterfly from Pupa # 4 emerged at 7:50 A.M. MST - daylight savings time
Since the Pupa was taken out of the Yucca root, these photos are of the butterfly on paper while emerging, then on an old Yucca flower stalk.
1. Head just coming out - 7:50 A.M.
2. Completely free of the pupa - 7:51 A.M.
3. Looking for a perch to inflate wings - 7:51 A.M.
4. On perch, dorsal view - 7:52 A.M.
5. On perch, ventral view - 7:54 A.M.
6. Beginning to inflate wings - 7:56 A.M.
7. Inflating wings - 7:57 A.M.
8. Inflating wings - 8:21 A.M.
Back to Top